So, I totally didn't sleep a wink last night. Or today for that matter. I really need to figure out how to turn my brain off.
Anyhoo, on to the blog I meant to write last night.
This week was a tad rough. Hubby freaked out on Wednesday and left the house at Noon. I assumed he was headed to Dallas for his regularly scheduled Mental Health appointment but he never showed. His case manager, therapist and my caregiver gal ALL called the sheriff here at different times to come do a welfare check *even though* they had talked to me and knew he wasn't home. I was mortified and pissed beyond words.
Come to find out, hubby had just gone two miles down the road to his Aunt's house to tell her what happened and what he did. (He's a thrower and he *whipped* the DirecTV remote right into my wrist while I was on the phone with the VA.) When he finally contacted me and let me know that he was at his Aunt's house I told him not to come home that night. This was the second time since April his temper ended with me being injured in some way.I wanted him to really think about how he had behaved. And I especially wanted him to think about the fact that he had injured me again.
Thursday morning he showed up at the house at about 11am. He was contrite. I laid it out for him - the next time he behaved that way I would have him put on a 72 hour hold. I think he *finally* gets that this last 14 months has pushed me to the brink of my ability to accept anymore bullshit. I assured him that I loved him but that I was not here for him to take things out on. And he quietly accepted that. Unusual...
Maybe it was what he needed to hear? Or maybe he just needed to see me stand up to him instead of tip toeing around him when he blows up. Either way, it is working.
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment