Sunday, October 2, 2011

Frustration!

I belong to several WWW groups online. One is extremely positive, problem solving focused and it is a Godsend. Then there is the other... OH. MY. GOD! I have never heard so much bitching, complaining and money grubbing as I do on that site. I know, I know. I should just remove myself. And I plan to. Those women give me a headache and an ulcer.

Since when did having a wounded warrior hubby mean EVERYTHING in life should come to us free???? Can't make ends meet? Hubby can't work? Get a JOB! There are plenty of things you can do from home like medical billing and coding as well as transcription along with things like selling Scentsy, Arbonne, etc. I was never a wife that sat around while the bills went unpaid. I started working when I was 13 years old (1980) and stopped working to care for my husband in 2008. I did a short stint making phone calls from home for a charity for extra money this time last year when I wanted some "pin money". (As my dear deceased Gram would have called it.) When I stopped working in 2008 we lost a huge chunk of change from our income but we made lifestyle adjustments to accomodate this and I can proudly say we have had just 4 super tight months in those three years.

I get it, my husband gave a leg and an eye for this country. He bled for it. He is 100% for his PTSD alone and then there are the physical injuries and the TBI. But the world doesn't owe us a free ride. He gets his VA compensation, CRSC and Social Security and I just started getting a caregiver stipend. We were living really well on what we made before the CRSC and caregiver stipend because of strict budgeting and living credit card free. (If there wasn't money in the bank for it then we either didn't need it that bad or needed to save up for it.)Now we have this additional income and can do things like replace our broken down lawn tractor so I don't have to push mow our acre plus lawn. We can also get my vehicle fixed - it's been dead in the water for a month and a half. Now we could have gone to non profits and said we are a WW family in need. But we knew this money would be coming in eventually so we were patient. I didn't go to this WWW site and piss, bitch and moan that we didn't have the loot to pay for it so give me a non profit who would.

I think all this constant bitching makes their lives harder. Some aren't even out of the military yet. Have fun dealing with the VBA, girls! I know that sounds mean but this is a tough life, being a WWW, so you better toughen up quick.

Now I know some of you will jump all over me about this but think about it. We complain all day long about single mom's popping out babies and welfare. Isn't asking a non profit to pay for everything similar? Isn't applying for a free home when you are entitled to a VA loan and can afford to buy your own home the same thing? All I am saying is that just because we have WW husbands doesn't mean we should take advantage of things we don't NEED. There are WW families that NEED these non profits and while every Tom, Dick and Harry applies for the non profits help those in real need go without. There is, after all, only so much money to go around.

No comments: