I took a hiatus.
I hadn't liked the way my posts were going. I had been so angry because the PTSD was engulfing every nook and cranny of our lives. So, I just stopped writing.
I confronted the PTSD demon head on in April and basically told my husband that he had to get some help or I could not stay in the home until he did. I even bluffed - I called a divorce attorney in front of him even though I never had any plan to divorce him. I needed him to know that the PTSD was destroying us. It worked.
We have spent the last six months repairing our frail relationship. My husband has been going to group therapy once a week every week and his psychiatrist finally found a medication that helps my husband with some of the more severe anxiety/depression issues he has. We've apologized for our own parts in the ugliness of the time we simply refer to as Hell. And we have found a new appreciation for all that the other has to deal with every day.
My husband also had another surgery on his leg salvage. A last ditch effort to save it from amputation. The jury is still out on if it was a success and he and his Doc are reserving judgement until his surgery to repair his broken back.
It's been a good six months. If someone would have told me I would be getting to know my husband this far in to our relationship I would have laughed. But I am. And I am loving it!
Please leave me your words of wisdom!
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You have more courage in your little finger than I have in the whole of my body!
Helicreature,
Thank you. My best friend says I should leave it at that when given a compliment but I feel I must tell you that I was terrified. I would do it over again in a heartbeat, though. He is my heart and soul.
Post a Comment